ldap newbie: Can't find a 'date' syntax!?

Hi,

I'm helping with an LDAP migration, and I'm creating the schema that
will hold the information currently stored in a BerkleyDB/Perl setup.
This is an inventory system that keeps track of when the unit in
question was registered in the directory.  However, the only syntax I've
found that comes close is 'generalized time'.  Are there other syntaxes
for other date formats, and if so, can someone link me to an appropriate
RFC?  RFC 2252 didn't contain anything that I saw that was appropriate.

Thanks
--

Brian K. Jones
System Administrator