TCP Wrappers?

Hi....

  I just compiled openldap with --enable-wrappers.  To allow access to slapd
if I normally disallow everybody, I assume I have to put the following in
/etc/hosts.allow:

ldap : hostname_of_client
ldaps : hostname_of_client

  Is that correct?  Or, does this only work if LDAP is run out of inetd?
If that is the case, how does one go about limiting who can read my
database?  I need this 'anonymous' read functionality so that pam_ldap
will work from clients I specify.  Can I use the binddn/bindpw in the
clients?  If so, is that clear text?

  Sorry for the rambling, just looking for some help....

  Thanks....

--

Ken Kleiner
System Manager
Computer Science Department
Umass Lowell

voice : 978 934 3645
fax : 978 934 3551

cell : 603 930 5582 (emergencies only, please)

ken@cs.uml.edu