Re: difference between passwd and ldappasswd?

Em Mon, May 13, 2002 at 10:41:09AM +0800, Hardi Gunawan escreveu:
> I've just realized that there's a big difference between passwd and ldappasswd
> (or am I wrong?)

There can be, depending on the configuration.

ldappasswd always uses EXOP (Extended Operation) to change passwords. This
will change the userPassword attribute allright, but using the hash configured
in slapd.conf.
pam_ldap (which is used by passwd) will change passwords according to the
pam_passwd configuration entry, which can be ad, nds, md5, clear, crypt and
exop if I remember correctly.