Re: Howto setup SASL for OpenLDAP for Samba?

»Howard Chu« sagte am 2002-05-08 um 15:56:56 -0700 :
> I haven't checked Samba 2.2.4 but if it supports ldapi (local access via
> Unix domain socket) then you should use that, and no, you would not need any

Hm, I should use this, because it's faster and even more secure,
correct?

Thanks, haven't thought about ldapi.  And also for clearing up this mud
;)

> encryption between Samba and OpenLDAP. You may still want SASL if you want
> to allow other remote clients to bind to LDAP directly.

Yes, that's understood.  Hmm, no, not understood ;)  I should use SASL
if the clients only do "plain" LDAP, that is, if they don't do ldaps or
tls, is this correct?

Thanks again,

Alexander Skwar
--