Re: stripped executables

Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
Why does 'make install' strip the executables?  It's a bit hard to
debug or make useful coredumps that way.  Wouldn't it be better to
let the user configure with LDFLAGS="-s" if that's what he wants?

Noticed that as well. I think you can change that behavior by defining the STRIP evironment variable to "true", eg. STRIP=":" or STRIP="/bin/true" or something. I could not get it to work for some reason, but grepping through the configure scrip shows that support for this is there.

What I eventually did was to rename the strip command  :)

--Kervin