Re: Segmentation fault

<quote who="Gerhard">
> Hello,
>
> I have install on my linux 2.4.10-4GB the openldap version 2.0.23.
> I install this version with
>
> ./configure (no options)
> make depend
> make
> su -c "make install"
>
> I using a standard slapd.conf file and the only msg what I get,
> after /usr/local/libexec/slapd -d -1
> is "Segmentation fault" no core dump, no debug msg.

if your shell is bash, try doing 'ulimit -c unlimited' before
running slapd, that will allow a core to be created if
there is one. Some systems default to not allowing cores.

also try to ldd slapd to see if the libraries can be found
by the system.

last night i was fighting with a similar problem on a solaris
box, in my case, the copy of 'strip' i had installed(from GNU
fileutils i believe??) was stripping the binaries incorrectly
and i would get an error "Cannot find ELF" with a segfault.
What tipped me off to this was comparing the size of
the installed binaries to the size of the binaries in the
source directory.

you could also try a strace slapd to show system
calls while slapd loads sometimes this has useful info.

good luck

nate