Re: Search failure during update

> At 08:20 AM 2002-01-23, Michel.Minsoul wrote:
> >Do you have any idea why the write and the read are not correctly
> >serialized by openldap in this case ?
>
> By design, one requests are not serialized.  That is, the
> search may appear to have occurred before or after the add
> (but not during).

OK, this is exactly what I expect from openldap. The search must occur
before or after the update but not during. But the problem I have
encountered suggests that this is not what happens since the entry which
is updated exists BEFORE the update and still exists AFTER the
update. So why does the search fail randomly when it is started during the
update. If the search was executed before or after, the search would always
succeed since the entry always exists!

Regards.