noob Password wierdness

I simply don't know how I did it, but the server thinks there's no password
(literally) takes "" for Manager password. Dunno why. Here's my slapd.conf
include		/usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include		/usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include		/usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema

pidfile		/usr/local/var/slapd.pid
argsfile	/usr/local/var/slapd.args
	Allow read access of root DSE
	Allow self write access
	Allow authenticated users read access
	Allow anonymous users to authenticate

# Load dynamic backend modules:
# modulepath	/usr/local/libexec/openldap
# moduleload	back_ldap.la
# moduleload	back_ldbm.la
# moduleload	back_passwd.la
# moduleload	back_shell.la

# if no access controls are present, the default is:
#	Allow read by all
#
# rootdn can always write!
database	ldbm
suffix "dc=aesd,dc=net"
rootdn "cn=Manager,dc=awsd,dc=com"
rootpw whatismypass
# The database directory MUST exist prior to running slapd AND
# should only be accessible by the slapd/tools. Mode 700 recommended.
directory /usr/local/var/openldap-ldbm
#directory /usr/local/var/openldap-ldbm
# Indices to maintain
index	cn,sn,uid	eq