Re: Password Problem

.. you are qmail then check you /var/qmail/rc script
which initiates your qmail daemons .. there it is
written splogger which directs logs to SYSLOGD daemon
..
on that line after env just write DEBUGLEVEL=255
and then start qmail .. and do a tail -f of the syslog
log file and check out you errors .. either ways you
can download daemontols from qmail.org and install it
and then separate your SMTP and POP logs ..
chekc its documentation .. if you are not able to do
it .. then i can give you the specifics how to set up
..

and as for courier-IMAP it also directs the logs to
SYSLOGD .. it will just give you login failed if you
have the wrong encryption .. dont use SHA it is not
supported either by qmail or courier-imap also
checkout if you authdaemons are getting binded by
authldap .. if not then just move alll the other auth*
files binaries except authldapdaemond is ..
and then start imapd.rc ..

hope it helps.

can anyone tell me Y GQ does the correct encyption and
y  OPENLDAP does not ..
i checked out the GQ code . it does base_64 DES
encryption .. whereas OpenLDAP does MD5 ..

- Rajat