Where to begin with this LDAPADD error

Title: Message
Well, with some minor help from this group, some tenacity, and little careful thought about the differences between Windows and UNIX, I've apparently managed to get slapd running on a Windows box. I say apparently because, while I can do an ldapsearch (though I get nothing back in my test - results below), I can not perform an LDAPADD without getting an error (output also below):

LDAPSEARCH output:

C:\OpenLDAP>ldapsearch -x -b "dc=netiq,dc=com" -s base "(objectclass=*)" organiz
ation
version: 2

#
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: organization
#

# search result
search: 2
result: 32 No such object

# numResponses: 1

LDAPADD output:

C:\OpenLDAP>ldapadd -x -D "cn=Manager,dc=netiq,dc=com" -w secret -f example.ldif

adding new entry dc=netiq,dc=com
ldap_add: Operations error

I've also ran the ldapadd with the -W option instead of the -w, but that yields the same result. It's worth noting that the -w option seems to cause it to have to thing about things a bit more (it acts more like it's really starting to do something), but I still the the "Operations error" that tells me essentially nothing.

Is there a switch or something I can add to the command or configuration that will provide more more information about the kind of error it's running into? I feel like I'm getting very close to having this up and running and being able to do more of the kind of testing I want to do, but I can't quite get there. I'm suspecting that it's something in the configuration of the db. It seems rather odd to me that there doesn't have to be a blank database of some kind (something that has some form of schema in it already) to start with, but I don't see any reference to such in the documentation (just the need for a certain directory to exist).

Any help is, as always, much appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob