Re: how to use new schema

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001 21:16:15 +0100
"Jörg Preuß" <joerg@preuss.info> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have some custom objectclasses and attributes. I just put them into a
> .schema file and included them in slapd.conf.
> When I am trying to ldapadd a ldif file with some objects based on some
> custom classes, OpenLDAP tells me the following:
>
>  >	ldapadd -f entries.ldif -x -D "cn=Admin,dc=database,dc=internet" -w
> secret
>  >	adding new entry "businessCategory=IT,dc=database,dc=internet"
>  >	ldap_add: Object class violation
>  >	        additional info: unrecognized objectClass 'cIndustry'
>  >
>  >	ldif_record() = 65
>
> slapd.conf looks like that (only a part of it):
>  >	include         /usr/local/openldap/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
>  >	include         /usr/local/openldap/etc/openldap/schema/custom.schema
>
> The objectclass definition in custom.schema is:
>  >	( 1.3.6.1.4.1.11832.1.1 NAME 'cIndustry' SUP top STRUCTURAL MUST
> businessCategory )

One customised schema of mine has entries like:

objectClass ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.9737.9.9.101 NAME 'artist'
        DESC 'Recording Artist'
        SUP TOP
        MAY ( artist $ ab $ ac $ ap $ aw $ ar ) )

where each of the MAY things are previously defined as :

attributetype ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.9737.9.9.4 NAME ( 'art' 'artist' ) SUP name )

I'm not sure of the significance of white space in the objectClass definition, though I see nothing very different (apart from new lines and white space) in yours? Maybe need to put the items following your MUST clause in parentheses?

> I thought that should be ok, but it seems that there is still a
> mistake...
>
> Does somebody knows what's wrong there?
>
> Best Regards
>
> 	Joerg

Bob
--
Nationalism is an infantile sickness. It is the measles of the human race.
 - Albert Einstein