LDAP Usage

Hi all,

I'm a beginner LDAP user, it seems right choice for authentication issues,
but I'm developing a whole Subscription system and it includes a lot of
users info (like address, sex, tastes, and so on ...), until this point
isn't a big deal.

But my MKT staff will ask for consolidated information about this
subscribers, can I got a good performance for queries like in SQL: "select
count(*) from users where sex='M';" ? Is this strong enough for this kind
usage ?

Or have I to mix both systems including a relation DB for any information I
have to submit a query ?

Where can I get some docs about concept and what can fit a LDAP database and
what can not ?

Tks a lot !

Gustavo Arjones