Re: ActiveDirectory and OpenLDAP

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:

> Teunis Peters wrote:
> >
> > I've found references in the debian-unstable PAM lib on setting password
> > to an ActiveDirectory system, but nothing else...
> >
> > Does anyone have any information on how to hook a linux system into an
> > ActiveDirectory environment?
>
> Sounds like you're on the wrong list;

Really?  I'm under the impression this is a list devoted to OpenLDAP
issues in a working environment?  Ah well could be wrong...

> however, you may find some discussion
> of LDAP and AD in http://www.daasi.de/staff/norbert/thesis.pdf;

Now this -is- helpful.  Well it's more information than I had...

http://www.labmice.net/ActiveDirectory/AD_ldap.htm is interesting for the
windows side incidentally...
Actually what I'm suspecting is that there's -no- helpful documentation for
how to get OpenLDAP working in an AD environment - other than authentication.

So I'll ignore it for now until it becomes an Issue.  (the openldap system
-is- being installed in a corporate network and one of the rules is that any
software present must have commercial support and a history of reliability)

although (and I realize this isn't related to openldap -servers-) it would
be nice to be able to find out what users present on an AD system so email
accounts can be created on a linux mailserver *g*...  but I have to admit
that I can probably solve this one using the OpenLDAP schema files
somehow...

G'day, eh? :)
	- Teunis