Re: problem with slapadd on a multiprosessor system

At 08:52 AM 2001-10-19, Hul van den, G (Gerrit) wrote:
>I have a problem with slapadd.
>
>I try to import an ldif file with "slapadd -c -l <file>".
>This is the second import on this system. This first import was OK, so the
>second (different) import is performed on a not-empty database.
>
>This gives a segmentation fault on our system: a Compac Proliant ML370 with
>two processors.
>When I perform this same second import (with same not-empty database) on a
>different Compac Proliant ML370 with one processor or on a Compaq deskpro
>(with one processor) the import is OK.
>
>Does slapadd have problems on a muli processor system?

Given that slapadd is single-threaded, I doubt it is thread related.

Anyways, if slapd is segfaulting, you should update to 2.0.17,
retest, and if it crashes again, report a bug.  Be sure to
provide a stack back trace.

>Are there other openldap weaknesses on multiprocessor systems?

See the ITS list for reported problems.  Most, I think, are
fixed in 2.0.17.  Still awaiting feedback.

Kurt