Re: is partial replication possible?

Roel van Meer wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to replicate only part of my master openldap db to a
> couple of slaves. (i need a different part of the dabase on each
> machine).
>
> Of course, i could write a small program that would parse the
> replogfile and runs a slurpd with only part of the data, but i would
> like to know if there is a standard way incorporated into openldap
> to do this..
Sure: starting from 2.0.13 (I think) you can give each replica
as many "suffix" directives you need. Then that replica will be
fed only the entries that are in that subtree. An example:

replica	host=slave1.your.domain:yourport
	binddn="cn=root,dc=your,dc=domain"
	bindmethod=simple
	credentials=yourpasswd
	suffix="ou=People,dc=your,dc=domain"
	suffix="ou=Retired People,dc=your,dc=domain"

replica	host=slave2.your.domain:yourport
	binddn="cn=root,dc=your,dc=domain"
	bindmethod=simple
	credentials=yourpasswd
	suffix="ou=Apps,dc=your,dc=domain"
	suffix="ou=Depts,dc=your,dc=domain"

Pierangelo.

--
Dr. Pierangelo Masarati               | voice: +39 02 2399 8309
Politecnico di Milano                 | mailto:masarati@aero.polimi.it