API question

Hi,

I created a simple C client which makes searches, adds etc using LDAP C API.
I'm having OpenLDAP 2.0.15 with couple of hundred of entries and indexing is
done.

Now I have been using both OpenLDAP and Netscape APIs to access the data and
noticed that there is a huge difference in performance of APIs. I'm using
the same program and the same server - only APIs change.

If someone else has figured out the same and knows the reason/solution to
speed-up the performance of OpenLDAP APIs, please let me know.

Regards
-Arttu