From: Terry Davis [mailto:tdavis@birddog.com]
Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2001 5:51 PM
To: OpenLDAP-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: replication - dns round robin - benefits - updatedn?

Hello,
I am pondering the idea of setting up another ldap server and
replication.

Will replication give me a "redundant" ldap server should my master
fail?  Can
I balance the load with round robin dns?  If so, any docs on how to set
this up
effectively?

Another simple problem (i hope) I am having is simply getting my slave
to refer
a query to the master.  I "heard" a rumor that the updatedn HAS to be
different
than the rootdn.  Is this true?  If so, how does one recommend that I
setup
another user for updatedn?

Any other comments and hints concerning this topic, outside of the admin

manual, would be really appreciated.

--
Terry Davis
Systems Administrator