replication - dns round robin - benefits - updatedn?

Hello,
I am pondering the idea of setting up another ldap server and replication.

Will replication give me a "redundant" ldap server should my master fail?  Can
I balance the load with round robin dns?  If so, any docs on how to set this up
effectively?

Another simple problem (i hope) I am having is simply getting my slave to refer
a query to the master.  I "heard" a rumor that the updatedn HAS to be different
than the rootdn.  Is this true?  If so, how does one recommend that I setup
another user for updatedn?

Any other comments and hints concerning this topic, outside of the admin
manual, would be really appreciated.

--
Terry Davis
Systems Administrator