Re: Problems with Oracle sqlplus, nss_ldap-172 and openldap 2.0.14

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 02:38:33PM -0400, Justin Hahn wrote:
> If I turn on ssl access to the LDAP server via nssldap (and TLS *is* working
> now) I get the following result from sqlplus (part of the oracle 8i client
> install)
>
> Note that if I turn off ssl, everything works fine.
> Ideas? (other than not using SSL)

oracle is kindasorta SSL aware. Plus it will most likely try to use
the "local unix" auth methods.

So depending on what you are shooting for, go look up the oracle specifics
on using SSL/TLS, and disable local UNIX auth in the oracle database
configs

(I'm suggesting looking at the oracle SSL info for the purpose of finding
out are the conflicting directives somewhere)