A New Question about Referrals.

Hello OpenLDAP,

When OpenLDAP (2.0.11) returns a continuation reference for a referral. Should that reference be transformed acording to the dn that was originally searched for?

ie

I'm trying to get the attributes of the dn ldap://server1/ou=aaa,ou=bbb,o=ccc where ldap://server1/ou=bbb,o=ccc is a referral entry to ldap://server2/ou=xxx,o=yyy

Now ldap://server2/ou=aaa,ou=xxx,o=yyy is the actual entry that has the attributes I want and it is on server 2.

Should server one transform the continuation reference gotten from the referral ldap://server2/ou=xxx,o=yyy  so that the client following the cont. ref. tries to go to ldap://server2/ou=aaa,ou=xxx,o=yyy and not to ldap://server2/ou=xxx,o=yyy to get the attributes.

The behavior of Sun's JNDI and LDAP service provider suggests that this is the job of the server to do this. Yet, I'm looking for something in the LDAP v3 spec that suggests this. Does anyone have any references?

thanks,
Mark Diggory