Re: attributes with no matching rules - can't delete specific values

> Several attributes in the 2.0 schema have no matching rules in their
> definition.
> For example:
>
> attributetype ( 2.5.4.23 NAME ( 'facsimileTelephoneNumber' 'fax' )
>  SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.22 )
>
> Attempting to delete a specific value from this attribute fails with error
> 18 - "inappropriate matching".
>
> Is this an error in the schema, or am I doing something wrong?

It is a flaw rather than an error. The behavior of the server looks correct,
as it cannot match the value you're deleting. You need to delete all of the
values and replace them with the ones you want to keep by hand (e.g.

-
changetype: modify
replace: fax
fax: <values you want to keep>