[no subject]

--
 Problem with ldapsearch : Invalid DN syntax on WinNT

 Platform : WinNT Server 4.0

got ldap from Anonymous CVS
Set PATH environment variable to CVSROOT
:pserver:anonymous@cvs.OpenLDAP.org:/repo/OpenLDAP

 Sleepycat Berkeley DB db-3.1.17
 Posix regex gnu_regex.exe
cyrus-sasl-1.5.24

I was able to build slapd, ldapsearch and slapdadd.

I then now trying to test, following guidelines
fromhttp://www.openldap.org/doc/admin/quickstart.html

Edited the slap.conf configuration file.
        include   c:/ldap/servers/schema/core.schema
        database  ldbm
        suffix    "dc=example, dc=com"
        rootdn    "cn=Manager, dc=example, dc=com"
        rootpw    secret
        directory  c:/openldap-ldbm

What does this mean??
      if your domain contains additional components..
What is the domain?Is it not whaterver we defined in the sladpd.conf file??

Started SLAPD.
     c:/ldap/Debug/slapd
     starting slapd...

To check if the server is running and configured correctly, ran a
search:

c:/ldap/Debug/ldapsearch -x -b '' -s base '(objectclass=*)' namingContexts

It disaplys :
---------------
version: 2
#
#filter: '(objectclass=*)'
# requesting: ALL
#

#search result
search: 2
result: 34 Invalid DN syntax
text: invalid DN

#numResponses: 1

So, I tried to Add initial entries to the directory using ldapadd.

      entries.ldif
      ------------
        dn: dc=example, dc=com
        objectclass: dcObject
        objectclass: organization
        o: Example Company
        dc: example

        dn: cn=Manager, dc=example, dc=com
        objectclass: organizationalRole
        cn: Manager

 Now, to insert these entries into the directory.
 c:/ldap/Debug>slapadd -l c:/entries.ldif -f
c:/downloads/ldap/servers/ldap/slapd.conf -d -1

ldapsearch -x -b 'dc=example,dc=com' '(objectclass=*)'

It dispalys same error message:
-------------------------------
version: 2
#