RE: one slapd to multiple ldbm's

>You need to provide the glue... named referral objects in
>superior context referring to the root of the subordinate
>context.
>
>Then when the client searches the superior context, the
>server will return a referral for each referral object
>within scope.

OK, that makes sense.  However I have run into another problem.

Assume I have multiple namingContexts on one server i.e.

  database ldbm
  suffix "ou=people,dc=foo,dc=com"
  directory /var/ldbm/foo-people
  index objectclass eq

  database ldbm
  suffix "ou=devices,dc=foo,dc=com"
  directory /var/ldbm/foo-devices
  index objectclass eq

  database ldbm
  suffix "dc=foo,dc=com"
  directory /var/ldbm/foo
  index objectclass eq

How do I create the referrals in the third namingContext, which refer the
entries in the first and second.  I need to be able to add the following
referral entries to the third naming context:

  dn: ou=devices,dc=foo,dc=com
  ou: devices
  ref: ldap://localhost/ou=devices,dc=foo,dc=com
  objectclass: referral
  objectclass: extensibleObject

  dn: ou=people,dc=foo,dc=com
  ou: devices
  ref: ldap://localhost/ou=people,dc=foo,dc=com
  objectclass: referral
  objectclass: extensibleObject

However, as far as I can see there is no way to specify a namingContext to
use when performing an ldapadd operation.

Mark

At 09:34 PM 9/26/00 -0700, Mark Whitehouse wrote:
>Is this the expected behavior or am I doing something wrong?

You need to provide the glue... named referral objects in
superior context referring to the root of the subordinate
context.

Then when the client searches the superior context, the
server will return a referral for each referral object
within scope.

Kurt