Re: ldap cant connect

Thanks for responding....i have since cured my slapd issue..it was
indeed a simple thing...
it seems that doing the default installs the initial slapd.conf created
doesnt match up pathwise with where things get put by default...and on
top of that when you try to start slapd it doesnt bark at you if the
path is wrong and it doesnt find slapd...it just doesnt start...so you
end up going...hmmmm ps ax.....i dont see slapd.....why??? in anycase i
did fix the path that had been generated...however it would have been
much easier on my eye strain :) if the defaults had all matched up with
each other....

my current issue now is working on learning these ldapcommands....and
the proper syntax...some of these things seem quite picky....but things
are progressing....

thanks for responding...
-ray