Re: Logging without syslogd?

Marian Steinbach wrote/schrieb/scribsit:
> I would like to log all OpenLDAP activity to a dedicated
> logfile, not to syslogd. How could this be done easily?

That's not a problem at all. I'm using daemontools
(http://cr.yp.to/daemontools.html) to run slapd under and invoke slapd
with "-s 0 -d 256". The daemontools can the send slapd's output into
a multilog program that writes into a directory of automatically
rotated logs of a fixed size.
Plus, daemontools enable reliable operation of the service,
automatically restarting it if it exits, control of the service
sending signals and obtaining status of the supervised service.

# svstat /service/slapd/
/service/slapd/: up (pid 16384) 3026225 seconds

Stefan