Re: Mail groups

Am Fre, 28 Apr 2000 schrieb Mike Douglass:
> I guess some people must be maintaining mail groups with ldap. How are you
> doing this?
>
> The netscape documentation shows how to create a group and then give people
> access to that group. On the other hand, the openldap mail500 example
> describes a method whereby individuals become members of a group by adding
> the dn for that group as an attribute to their own record.
> This second approach avoids having to give access to a group record to users.
> Mike Douglass		douglm@rpi.edu
> Senior Systems Programmer
> Server Support Services	518 276 6780(voice) 2809 (fax)
> Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute 110 8th Street, Troy, NY 12180

A very simple solution could be: if you have an attribute called 'mail' where
the normal mail-address is stored, just add another 'mail' attribute with the
address of the mailinlist to each subscriber.

Example:

dn: hugo
mail: hugo@domain
mail: list1@domain
mail: list2@domain

dn: walter
mail: walter@domain
mail: list2@domain

This works at least with postfix (I did not try it with sendmail).

Ciao
Stephan

--
Stephan Müller			Stephan.Mueller@suse.de