Re: NT Port question

At 04:47 PM 6/15/99 -0500, Matt Reynolds wrote:
>After searching through the list archives, and pulling from CVS, I have had
>trouble finding the NT port of slapd that everyone talks about.  Or, more
>importantly, I cannot seem to find the *.dsp and *.dsw files corresponding to
>the slapd project.

The NT port of slapd is a development project.  The sources are only available
via CVS (on the HEAD branch).  Follow the instructions at
	http://www.openldap.org/software/repo.html

but don't specify a branch (ie: no -r BRANCH) when issuing the checkout command.

>Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here, or just have
>general suggestions?

You likely checked out the OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_1_2 branch which only has a
basic NT SDK.

Note: the NT slapd port, as well as all -devel software, is experimental
and under active development.  Developers and testers are encourged to
try -devel software out, just do not expect it to be stable.  Also,
if you have issues with -devel software, please raise them on the -devel
mailing list.

Enjoy!  Kurt