Re: Benchmark tools for LDAP Servers (directorymark caveat)

On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 11:10:31AM +0100, Martin Ottlar wrote:

> I'm looking for benchmark testing tools. Does anybody
> have experience in
> testing LDAP Directory Services. I just found
> DirectoryMark which seems to work on NT.

We have a fellow working on an OpenLDAP solution for us who
has run into some problems with the benchmarking tool he'd
found -- I think it was DirectoryMark. One of the problems
was the tool following seeAlso attrs; before disabling that
part, we found that OpenLDAP scored very poorly. After fixing
that part of the benchmark, DOPS scores improved by something
like a factor of 200. The bottom line seemed to be this: if
you're not getting hundreds of DOPS, there's likely something
wrong with the benchmark tool.

BTW, my thanks to all the people who have contributed to OpenLDAP!

-Peter