RV: Newbie question

Hi everybody:

I have a question that may sound too newbie, but I have been searching
information about this and I haven't found anything clear.

The thing is that I'm working on local phone directories, accesible via web.
By now, we are using a relational database, but we are thinking of migrating
it to an LDAP directory. The problem is that don't know exactly if it is
possible or even a good idea. Our main doubt is related to the number of
readings vs. writings of the data: we know we have quite a few accesses to
our web, but we usually include a lot of new data on the database everyweek.
Is a good idea using an LDAP directory then?

I hope you can help me. Thanks a lot in advance...

Ana+