RE: Outlook Calendar?

Given the info you shared, I'd suggest using Microsoft Outlook's Contact
Share feature.  Simply click File, Share, Contacts and follow the wizard.
First they will need to make sure all their customers are listed in a single
Contacts Folder.  I like LDAP, but in this case, even it is overkill,
especially if you don't even have an LDAP server setup already.  There are
shema issues, and data loading issues, and a learning curve to get through.

> - Calendar must also be shared on the server. (Do I need a
> special calendar-server or can LDAP handle this?)

Exyst.com offers a calendar share product that will allow your customer to
not only share their calendar internally, but also with whichever of their
customers they choose.  It only shares availability, not the actual meeting
description, which is usually exactly what people want.  Send me an e-mail
at darryl@exyst.com if you're interested.