Password change -> uncrypted result

Hi !

  What might be the problem, when I change my user password from client
machine the userpassword will be saved to LDAP server in uncrypted
format. But if changing password from LDAP server the password is saved
in {crypt} crypted format ? I am using simply "passwd" for changing
password. I have updated /etc/pam.d/passwd to use ldap libraries. Also
there is no problem logging to machine if LDAP server has {crypt}
crypted or uncrypted password.

    Thanks for answers,
                                        -Mika