Re: Apache Userdir from LDAP?

> Has anyone tried the 'apache-userdirldap' patch?
> (http://horde.net/~jwm/software/apache-userdirldap)

no but i've been looking at it.

> We are redeveloping our authentication system, and we don't want user
> accounts in the passwd files on our web servers (too much trouble with
> syncronization, limited UIDs,...).  As such, Apache wouldn't have the
> home directory path available for a /~login request, so we need to get
> that info from LDAP.  I haven't tried this just yet, but that's my
> assumption.

if all you want is for www.domain.com/~user/ to work that's easy.  just
put this in your httpd.conf (or if you're old school srm.conf):

UserDir /home/*/www

where "*" is stubstitued with the name provided after the ~ in the
url.  there are a couple other ways to do this as well.  more info at:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_userdir.html#userdir

adam.