Re: PADL

On Thu, 21 Dec 2000, Craig Hancock wrote:

> The utilities found on padl such and pam_ldap nss_ldap and migration tools for NIS to LDAP. Has
> anyone had any difficulty if so
> can you tell me the problems that you expierenced. Next if anyone has used the migration utilities
> is it neccessary to use
> all of the maps such as netgroup rpc etc etc. I mean will it mess up anything is what I am trying to
> say.

The migration tools aren't too bad - you don't have to migrate everything if
you don't want to, you can just select the appropriate bits.

There is a bug in nss_ldap that I reported some time ago to them but there's
been no response.  If your program is connecting to your LDAP server instead
of some the remote machine you specified then you've hit the bug.

The Debian GNU/Linux version of finger (from potato at least) exhibits this
bug rather nicely.

#include <disclaimer.h>
Matthew Palmer
mjp16@uow.edu.au