connectionPool and ldap

Hi,

I'm looking for advice concerned with programming against an Ldap server.

With a database it's possible/advisable to open a connectionPool of
connection objects from an application. I (usually) use the Netscape sdk 4.x
for programming my ldap applications and see that there is a connectionPool
in the sdk.

My question is, is it advisable to use connectionPooling with directory
servers? Don't you get problems with Bind/Unbind methods whereby Bind
methods are being timed out?

Any tips very much appreciated. I have also posted this question at
Netscape, without reply.

Colin