Re: Schema respository?

At 07:05 AM 12/19/00 -0600, John Lederer wrote:

>Is anyone maintaining a repository of various schema?

There are a number of websites which list schema elements
(see the FAQ for a list).  However, to my knowledge, there
is no one maintaining a repository of schema elements.

>Evryone seems to need to extend the schema, is there a mechanism for consistency in naming and definitions?

Schema elements are identified by OID which are globally unique.
Alternative short names are often used as well.  These are
not globally unique.  The convention is to use some naming
prefix such reduce the chance of conflict.

Kurt