Re: Active Directory

>I notice from this mailing list that Active Directory has (some ?) LDAP
>capability. Is this "true" LDAP as per the RFCs ? i.e. could I use a
>standard LDAP client to read information stored on an Active Directory ?

Yes. Microsoft have, of course, embraced and extended (adding
custom matching rules, using DCE RPC for replication, integrating
the KDC with the LDAP server, using CLDAPv3, etc).

-- Luke

PS. The latest release of the Heimdal Kerberos V server (0.2t)
can use OpenLDAP as a backend database.
--
Luke Howard | Darwin Developer | PADL Software Pty Ltd
www.padl.com | lukeh@darwin.apple.com | lukeh@padl.com