ldap use

Hi,

I am novice to LDAP and config. I need some help. I am in process
of setting up of LDAP Server. We have several of UNIX work stations
and Windows NT PDC/BDC and lot of work stations. And we have various
applications which use user name and password like pop mail, helpdesk,
calendar manager etc., I want to make sure with one user created ,
I wanted it get propogated to UNIX and other applications. Some how we
could take all user ids and passwds from Windows NT network and we are
able to make database on LDAP Server but when I try to get it on
UNIX machine I get all parameters except passwords using ldapsearch.
How do I get this and also the users who change the passwords after
the down load only are able to access LDAP server thru NS Calendar.
What could be the problem?

Any pointers or any suggestions are welcome.

With thanx  and regards,

Sesh