From: Quanah Gibson-Mount [mailto:quanah@symas.com]
Sent: 15 January 2018 16:35
To: Lawrence, Andy (MO MM R&D UK IXL); openldap-devel@openldap.org
Subject: RE: Beginner projects

Hi Andy,

--On Saturday, January 13, 2018 9:12 AM +0000 "Lawrence, Andy"
<andrew.lawrence@siemens.com> wrote:

> I am not familiar with kqueue.

Sure, no worries. :)

> Is Howard suggesting that we rip the ASN.1 compiler out of Heimdal and
> integrate it with Openldap? Would we want to put it in a separate git
> repository?

My reading of it is indeed, the idea is to completely remove the existing
ASN.1 compiler, and to pull in the one from Heimdal instead.

The code in question is located at contrib/slapd-modules/comp_match.  I imagine you could store the Heimdal ASN.1 compiler in a subdirectory there, similar to how nss-pam-ldapd is available in contrib/slapd-modules/nssov/nss-pam-ldapd.

Regards,
Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount