Re: RE24 testing call #1 (2.4.46) LMDB RE0.9 testing call #1 (0.9.22)

Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
On Thu, 15 Feb 2018, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Monday, February 12, 2018 6:33 AM +0200 Alexander Bokovoy <abokovoy@redhat.com> wrote:

It would really help Samba if ITS#8671 "Declare ldap_init_fd() in
ldap.h to help external consumers" would make a release too.

It is not a code change, only a documentation update but it would have
allowed us to get distributions changed with regards to ldap_init_fd
availability.

Hi Alexander,

The "ldap.h" file is specifically for RFC defined interfaces. I discussed this with Howard, and we thought that the best way to address this issue would be to rename "ldap_pvt.h" to "openldap.h", to indicate that the methods found in it are openldap specific. This should resolve the issue with packagers not packaging the file as well. What do you think?
That would help too, thanks.

In the interest of maintaining the narrow bugfix-only focus of .46, I'd rather defer this change till later. It affects quite a few files in our own source tree, and there's evidence that it will affect a large number of 3rd party modules as well.

We can schedule it for .47, and .47 can be pushed out shortly after .46. We can also include other minor non-core enhancements in.47 (like back-sock extensions) as well.