Re: Storing TLS credentials in the directory

On 9 Apr 2017, at 20:57, Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

> You cannot write a decent design from scratch. It's important to have a baseline of functionality to get an idea of scope. The current overlay provides that baseline.

I agree as well on this. Mainly because that’s what _I_ want/need. I do
get that some/many (?) people want other things, but starting with the
“bare essentials” and build from that is a much smarter idea than sitting
down for weeks/month designing “the full monty” and then additional
weeks/months implementing it, when the large majority (?) don’t need
90% of all that.

Personally, I think this is a extremely good start. And as soon as time
permits, I _will_ make something of it here at work. It’s a hell of a lot
better/smarter/simpler than implanting a whole Consul/Vault cluster!

Which doesn’t do what I want anyway...