Re: LMDB and text encoding

Hallvard Breien Furuseth wrote:
On 02/02/15 00:40, Howard Chu wrote:
It looks OK to me. No one raises any concerns I'll commit it in a few
hours.

Some sudden last thoughts:

mdb_dump.c also has a check (memchr(key.mv_data, '\0', key.mv_size)
to exclude non-databases, which is no longer valid.

Good point. As Timur's patch comment notes, we probably need an API call "is valid DB" now.

Database names with \0 in them can no longer be spelled as strings,
everything which gets DB names from the database must use binary blobs.
Including mdb_load and mdb_dump; I notice mdb_load uses
strdup() for the "database=" name.  Come to think of it, I have no
idea if the dump format supports DB names with \0 in them.

No, it doesn't. It's the BDB format, and BDB only accepted C strings.