Re: syncrepl consumer is slow

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On January 29, 2015 at 3:12:17 AM +0000 Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

This would only be used for writes that are part of a refresh phase. In
persist mode the provider and consumers' write speeds should be more
closely matched so it wouldn't be necessary or useful.

I've had a few cases on extremely busy systems with multiple
replicas/mmr nodes where they literally never catch up.  Only way I've
been able to resolve those cases is to stop them, slapcat the master,
slapadd, and restart.  Hopefully this change would alleviate that scenario.

Yes, I'm seeing the same thing. And yes, that's my hope as well. Not sure if it's enough; like I said there are other performance issues in the consumer code.