Re: CVS branching -> Git branching model

--On Tuesday, January 31, 2012 12:11 PM +0100 Hallvard Breien Furuseth <h.b.furuseth@usit.uio.no> wrote:

I think we should leave the current CVS-style branching model and make
better use of Git.

'master' is currently two things:  The development branch, and getting
in the way it's an abandonware repository:  slapmodify, vc, etc.
Maybe that's harsh, but if it is not abandonware, why are the authors
not finishing it so it can be released?  Some of it is years old.

Abandonware? What are you talking about? Both of those, AFAIK, are 2.5 features, which is why they haven't been released. Some things have been in there for years because 2.4 has been the release branch for years (2007) and there has been very little 2.5 development that necessitates a 2.5 release. Last I checked the roadmap for 2.5, it hadn't been updated in ages, and there has been very little development of the features listed on it in any case.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Sr. Member of Technical Staff