Re: RE24 testing (pre-testing on 2.4.27)

Aaron Richton wrote:
On Tue, 8 Nov 2011, Howard Chu wrote:

msync is not applicable here. It's only relevant if changes are made
using the mmap'd region, and we don't.

Right, good point. A few one-liners that aren't really worth an ITS
(yet?):

All of these have been addressed, except <stdint.h> vs <inttypes.h>. Since it builds fine for me as-is on Solaris, I haven't changed that. I guess that's still open to discussion if anyone else has info on which is more commonly provided.

---

In libraries/libmdb/mdb.c, the compiler is warning about:

     5920         rc = mdb_drop0(mc, mc->mc_db->md_flags&  MDB_DUPSORT);
     5921         if (rc)
     5922                 mdb_cursor_close(mc);
     5923                 return rc;
     5924
     5925         /* Can't delete the main DB */
     5926         if (del&&  dbi>  MAIN_DBI) {

5926 being unreached (because of 5923). Braces on 5921?

---

#undef DEBUG, and "#define DKEY(x)"

preprocesses to:

                           ( void ) ( "found leaf index %u [%s], rc = %i" ,
                                      i, , rc);

so IMO:

#define DKEY(x) ""

or any other blank-ish concept...

---

On Solaris 9, stdint.h doesn't exist. inttypes.h does, and should (in
theory) be a drop-in replacement. Or, we can try for C90-compliance (by
using neither), or.......?

and

if it's C99-style types, servers/slapd/back-mdb uses u_int32_t which
should probably be uint32_t. (Berkeley DB gets around this with some
definitions in db.h, but I see no reason for mdb to have those hacks...)

----

Solaris 9 defines BYTE_ORDER via<resolv.h>, I don't see any danger in
just #include'ing that on all platforms? (Apparently future standards
might include an endian.h for this...there's no standard like no
standard...)

----

PAGESIZE is part of SUSv2<limits.h>; would you be open to a patch to
change that to MDB_PAGESIZE?