Re: back-config delete support (syncprov overlay)

Ralf Haferkamp wrote:

Also on the topic of deletes, we should start adding term_module()
handlers to the backends and overlays.
Yes. I havn't gone into the details of module unloading yet, though.

An additional bi_db_delete handler in the BackendInfo structure might be helpful as well. Or a flag passed to bi_db_close/bi_db_destory to indicate whether the database/overlay is closed due to a server shutdown or a delete operation on cn=config.

I vote for a new call. Modifying the API of existing calls breaks source code compatibility. Adding a new helper only breaks binary compatibility. Code duplication issues can be dealt with by modules.

p.