Re: dITStructureRules/nameForms in subschema subentry for informational purpose

Kurt Zeilenga wrote:

> On Sep 12, 2007, at 9:52 AM, Michael Ströder wrote:
>
>> Kurt Zeilenga wrote:

>>> One could implement them in a fashion similar to ditContentRules...
>>> (server wide instead of subtree specfication wide).
>>
>> So you're voting against the approach suggested above?
>
> No.  Above you say "without enforcing them". I suggest "with enforcing
> them", as ditContentRules are (if instantiated).

Well, this has been a while now. I understand that it would be much work
to fully implement this.

But since web2ldap fully supports DIT structures rules and nameforms
when adding/renaming entries it would be nice if I could stuff these
schema elements into the subschema subentry even if slapd does not
enforce them. Just as a hint to the client like the X-SUBST declaration
of syntaxes (see ITS#5663) or the rootDSE directive for extending the
rootDSE with the data read from a LDIF file. It's handy because web2ldap
then guides the user to do the right thing (choosing structural object
class and the RDN).

Yes, I could extend web2ldap to define additional schema elements at the
client-side. But I'd prefer if it's just in the server's subschema subentry.

Ciao, Michael.