Fwd: [x500standard] Password attribute

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "David Chadwick" <d.w.chadwick@kent.ac.uk>
To: x500standard@freelists.org
Sent: Monday, 3 November, 2008 3:56:46 PM GMT +00:00 GMT Britain, Ireland, Portugal
Subject: [x500standard] Password attribute

Hi All

In the new version of X.500 that we are working on, we are creating
password policies, grace periods, password expiration times and the like.

Currently the password attribute in X.509 is defined semantically to be
SINGLE valued, but syntactically to be multi-valued.

We are considering changing the syntax to agree with the semantic
definition, since this will significantly simplify the password
management text.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY OBJECTIONS TO THE PASSWORD ATTRIBUTE BECOMING
SINGLE VALUED, and if so could they say why

thanks

David

David W. Chadwick, BSc PhD
The Computing Laboratory, University of Kent, Canterbury, CT2 7NF
Skype Name: davidwchadwick
Tel: +44 1227 82 3221
Fax +44 1227 762 811
Mobile: +44 77 96 44 7184
Email: D.W.Chadwick@kent.ac.uk
PGP Key ID is 0xBC238DE5

-----
www.x500standard.com: The central source for information on the X.500 Directory Standard.

--
Kind Regards,

Gavin Henry.
Managing Director.

T +44 (0) 1224 279484
M +44 (0) 7930 323266
F +44 (0) 1224 824887
E ghenry@suretecsystems.com

Open Source. Open Solutions(tm).

http://www.suretecsystems.com/

Suretec Systems is a limited company registered in Scotland. Registered
number: SC258005. Registered office: 13 Whiteley Well Place, Inverurie,
Aberdeenshire, AB51 4FP.