Re: Deleting overlays from cn=config

On Donnerstag, 5. Juni 2008, Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
> You also need to walk through the database and delete any attributes
> object classes defined by the overlay.  That'll be at least any
> operational attributes since they must be hardcoded into the C
> source.
>
> Only the overlay can know how to do this, so the overlay needs
> undo_me() code.  Then that code must figure out how to interact with
> backends and other overlays - like translucent.  Or how to figure out
> whether it is able to figure it out, and return
> LDAP_UNWILLING_TO_PERFORM if not.
>
> I don't quite remember how ppolicy works but I assume it can
> "deactivate" an existing userPassword attribute.  If so it also needs
> a policy about what to do with deactivated userPasswords which will
> be reactivated when ppolicy is deleted.  I.e. should these
> userPasswords be deleted?
Hm, if the Admin decides to delete the password policy overlay from a
database IMO it is correct to assume that he does not want any policies
for his passwords anymore. That also means that accounts which have
been locked through ppolicy we be unlocked after the removal of
ppolicy. I don't think this is a problem, it should probably be
documented, though.

--
Ralf