Re: SummerOfCode suggestions

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Monday, March 10, 2008 8:50 AM -0400 Adam Tauno Williams
<adamtaunowilliams@gmail.com>  wrote:

<quote who="Howard Chu">
I recall we had a few ideas last year, but they came up a bit late.
Anyone still have some wish list items for this year?
What about the todo list? Anything good in there?
There are also occasional requests for additional matching rules
support,  that may be something to add.
The Forth based engine also sounds promising.
Maybe an overlay to implement USN,  like the uSNChanged attribute in
Active Directory<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891995>   I'd imagine
USN support is required for Samba4 to use OpenLDAP as a backend,  and it
would just be handy since some tools/scripts assume AD-isms.

Just a thought.

You mean like the USN code currently in head? ;) IIRC, it still needs a little bit of work to polish it off.

/repo/OpenLDAP/pkg/ldap/contrib/slapd-modules/usn

Actually what it needs is for someone to define an actual use case for it. I wrote that overlay up when Andrew Bartlett said "it would be nice if we had USN support" but beyond that, no one has stated what "support" is needed.