Re: test008 failed in HEAD

Howard Chu wrote:
I'm seeing this failure with both BDB 4.2.52 and BDB 4.6.21, and no failure in
RE23, so it must be something changed between RE23 and RE24, but so far
looking at the diffs I don't see anything that could have caused this change
in behavior.
Looking back at 2.4.5 and 2.4.6, I got the same failure in 2.4.6. That means
it's not a new regression in 2.4.7 at least. I'm still testing 2.4.5 (using
the tests in 2.4.6) to see if it fails. At this point, since it's not new in
2.4.7, we should track it in the ITS. I may just hack up a quick workaround
for this until I can isolate the real problem.

The back-bdb diffs between 2.4.5 and 2.4.6 look totally trivial to me. However, reverting one change seems to have cured the problems in my 2.4.6 and 2.4.7 trees. Why it makes any difference is completely beyond me.

I'll let my 2.4.7 build keep running test008 for a few more hours. I'd
appreciate if you could test this as well.

Never mind. It eventually failed in 2.4.7 after 35 iterations. I'm back to using the 2.4.7 tests against the 2.4.5 slapd again.

As an aside - anyone else seeing this issue, are you running on a single core or multiple cores?
Chief Architect, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com